When it comes to choosing a professional photographer to capture your little one’s special moments, there are a few key questions you should ask. Here are five tips to help you find the perfect photographer for your needs:
1. Does the photographer have experience working with children? Capturing the perfect shot of a child can be a challenge, and a photographer with experience in this area will know how to read the signs and keep your child calm, safe, and happy.
2. Does the photographer understand baby behavior? Not only can photography sessions be stressful for kids, but also for their parents. A photographer who understands the signs of stress or tiredness will know when to take a break, how to soothe the baby, or simply end the session.
3. Does the photographer have any “tricks” to get the baby’s attention during the photo session? Experienced photographers understand that babies don’t naturally look at the camera and “smile”. They may use sounds, treats, and motion to get that perfect smile or expression that you can’t help but adore.
4. Does the photographer ask questions about your baby’s behavior and likes/dislikes? Photographing babies is much more involved than just setting up a scene and capturing photos. Does your baby have any fears (balloons)? Your photographer should be asking questions to help determine the best decorations and time for your photo session.
5. Does the photographer genuinely enjoy working with babies? This may seem like an obvious question, but not all photographers are meant to work with kids. A photographer who loves working with babies will be able to capture the perfect shots that will make your heart melt.
Add a Comment